Green Fox Barking

Saturday, September 23, 2006

New Addition to Family

We found frog spawn in our frog pond. This is so much better that devils spawn of course, but how many dozen frogs can our converted wading pool hold?
I guess nature will sort itself out. For a while we knew there was a frog in there. At night we'd here an occasional BOK BOK. I think that occasional little BOK is going to sound like the frog version of that tune you may recall 'Popcorn'. Still it's exciting and soon I will have enough cash to get me a digital camera to show my pond scum around!
The children in the environment club at the local school have created a frog pond too and are looking for tadpoles. I could help them out but as it is I have marsh frogs from a friends pool in a different area and I don't even know if I should have them here. The kids have set up a pond that would be a froggy paradise but is it wrong to stick out-of-town frogs in an artificial set up? Like frog fantasy island. Mmmmm. I'll read up a bit I think.
On another note, is it just me or does anyone else get stuck between simplifying your home and saving stuff so you don't waste things coz you might use it later?
I end up with these excess bits of furniture standing around, which I frequently fall over, whilst I try to solve the dilemma of what to do with it. I have had big clear outs before and then, twelve months later needed it. I think my husnband has taken to nailing a few things down, to save them from my clearing urges. But really, theres so many ways to re-use and recycle things, I hate to get rid of thing. On the other hand, I want to keep things simple and clutter free. Arrrghhh! Conundrum doldrums!

1 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Kristen Doran said...

Ah, I love a good chuck out! Even the kids are used to me doing it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home